Lisa R. Stark
Lisa R. Stark is a partner with the firm’s Corporate/Business Entity Counseling practice. Lisa has extensive experience as a corporate law attorney, including in the fields of mergers and acquisitions, structured finance, and venture capital investments. She also advises private and public companies and their boards of directors on corporate governance matters. Before joining Berger Harris, Lisa was a corporate/M&A attorney at Richards, Layton & Finger, Morris Nichols Arsht & Tunnell, and the Delaware Counsel Group. In addition to her corporate law experience, Lisa serves pro bono with Delaware’s Office of the Child Advocate as an attorney guardian ad litem.
- SuperValu’s acquisition of Albertsons
- Blackstone Inc.’s acquisition of La Quinta
- PepsiCo’s acquisition of Pepsi Bottling Group, Inc.
- Baker Hughes Inc.’s acquisition of BJ Services Company
- Air Products and Chemical Inc.’s hostile bid for Air Gas, Inc.
- Bidz.com’s going-private acquisition by the Glendon Group
- J.D., Washington & Lee School of Law (With Honors)
- B.A., Bucknell University (Summa Cum Laude)
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- American Bar Association
- Delaware State Bar Association
- Author, "Revisiting MAE/MAC Clauses in M&A after Cooper Tire, Huntsman, and Osram," Business Law Today (Feb. 2014).
- Author, “Side-Stepping Fiduciary Issues in Negotiating Exit Strategies for Preferred Stock Investments after Trados” Business Law Today, American Bar Association (September 2013).
- Contributing Author, “Annual Survey of Judicial Developments Pertaining to Venture Capital,” Preferred Returns, American Bar Association (September 2013).
- Author, BNA Insights: “The Board’s Role in Compliance and Risk Management: Lessons from Recent Decisions Revisiting Caremark and its Progeny,” 15 Corporate Governance Report (Bloomberg BNA) No. 11, at 132 (2012)
- Author,"Do Stockholders Have a Say on Pay in Delaware? Lessons from Recent Executive Compensation Cases," Business Law Today (September 2012)
- Co-Author, "Delaware Court of Chancery Continues to Carefully Scrutinize Investment Advisor Conflicts in M&A Transactions," Nat’l Ass’n of Minority and Women Owned L. Firms Newsl., Vol. 5, Iss. 2, Jul. 2012, at 15.
- Co-Author: The Corporate Governance Review, Law Business Research Ltd., Ch. 32 (2nd ed. 2012).
- Co-Author, 2011: A Year in Review – The Financial Crisis, Delaware and Corporate Governance, Law Business Research Ltd. (June 2012).
- Contributing Author, ABA Handbook for the Conduct of Meetings of Shareholders (2nd ed. 2010).
- Co-Author, "The Seven Deadly Sins of Venture Financing Legal Documents," 14 Venture Capital Review 25 (Winter 2004-2005).
- Co-Author, "As the Disney Trial Gets Underway, Two Recent Delaware Cases May Provide a Glimpse of the Outcome," 13 Corporate Governance Advisor 20 (January/February 2005).
- Co-Author, "NVCA Model Legal Documents: Delaware Law Traps for the Wary," 1456 PLI/Corp 551 (Nov.-Dec. 2004).