Michael W. McDermott is a partner with Berger Harris and concentrates his practice in the areas of corporate and commercial litigation and counseling. Mike represents a wide range of clients including Delaware corporations, directors, officers, stockholders, and other law firms in connection with challenges to corporate and commercial transactions in the Delaware Court of Chancery and the Delaware Superior Court. His experience includes litigation involving contests for corporate/entity control, indemnification and advancement, alternative entity disputes under limited partnership and limited liability company agreements, and other corporate and alternative entity disputes in the Delaware courts.
Before joining Berger Harris in 2011, Mike practiced corporate and commercial litigation at Young Conaway Stargatt & Taylor as well as Parkowski, Guerke & Swayze. He served as law clerk to the Honorable Myron T. Steele, Chief Justice of the Delaware Supreme Court.
- J.D., Widener University School of Law, cum laude
- B.A., Washington College
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- United States Supreme Court
- American Bar Association
- Delaware State Bar Association
- Office of the Child Advocate, State of Delaware: Guardian ad Litem
- St. Patrick’s Center, Inc.: Board of Directors